D-backs announce details for tomorrow’s opening day
The Arizona Diamondbacks kick off their 2022 season with Opening Day tomorrow against the San Diego Padres at 6:40 p.m. at Chase Field. Fans must be in their seats by 6:00 p.m. to watch the exciting show:
When: Tomorrow/Thursday at 6:40 p.m.
Open doors : 4:30 p.m. (4:00 p.m. Advantage Members)
In the seats: Fans should plan to be in their seats by 6:00 p.m. to enjoy opening day festivities, including a flyover of Luke Air Force Base and a memorable opening ceremony.
TV: Bally Sports Arizona with Steve Berthiaume, Bob Brenly, Jody Jackson, Mark Grace and Brandon Webb
Radio – English: 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station with Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti and Chris Garagiola
Radio – Spanish: TUDN Radio 105.1 FM with Oscar Soria and Rodrigo Lopez
Pitchers: Madison Bumgarner of the D-backs against Yu Darvish of the Padres
Roof: The roof should be open.
Notable: Let’s celebrate the fans! Today it’s all about the fans and Chase Field is bringing back many fan-favorite pre-pandemic experiences including: rallies with fan giveaways, Legends Racers, hot dog derby, Sandlot with upgrades to to come. , special All-You-Can-Eat-Seats sections, bullpen carts and Kids Run the Bases after Sunday home games.
First step : Let’s celebrate medical teams and medical miracles! A father of three and beloved Valley teacher who survived a COVID-19-related double lung transplant, Bob Horbaczewski will throw out the ceremonial first pitch Thursday night. Bob will be accompanied by his physician, Dr. Bhuvin Buddhdev, Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician at Norton Thoracic Institute, Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. Dr Buddhdev was one of two surgeons who performed the transplant that saved Mr Horbaczewski’s life and will share the moment of the first pitch.
Anthem: The national anthem will be performed by professional military vocalist Tech Sgt Lisa Cimino, assigned to Goldwater Air National Guard Base in Phoenix.
Color Guard: The Luke Air Force Base Honor Guard will present the colors of the National Anthem.
Overview: Luke Air Force Base – Unit: 944th Fighter Wing – Aircraft: 4 x F-35.
Tickets: Celebrate Special Offers! Purchasing an Opening Week ticket will earn you an additional non-Opening Week D-backs home game. Opening week games are April 7-10 against the San Diego Padres and April 12-13 against the Houston Astros. Tickets for these games will qualify for tickets to a second game. Purchase tickets for Opening Day as well as the rest of the series online at dbacks.com/tickets, by calling 602-514-8400 or at the Chase Field box office.
Entertainment: Let’s celebrate with more cheers! Famous Budweiser Clydesdales will join the celebration outside the stadium on 4th Street.
Food and drinks: Let’s celebrate food! Chase Field features many new and exciting food and beverage options and returning fan favorites this season! With so much choice, it is guaranteed that there will be something for everyone. Plus, modern technology powered by SpotOn that promises to increase the speed of point-of-sale transactions for the 2022 D-backs season.
• New partners: The Arizona Diamondbacks are proud to host Black Rock Coffee Bar, Chick-fil-A, Crèmily, Scoopwell’s Dough Bar and Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt at Chase Field.
• Park value: We offer value items ($2.99 hot dogs, popcorn, corn dogs and Pepsi) at every Double Header concession stand and some of the best beer prices in the valley (14 oz for $4.99) . Unlimited seats in sections 221-223. We’ve also added non-food value items to the gift shop: baseball worth $6.99, lapel pin worth $2.99 and cap worth $9.99 .
• New menu items: Nationally recognized chef Stephen Tilder has developed the following exciting new signature items at Levy Concessions. These new options are just the beginning of what’s to come to improve restoration. Throughout the season, be on the lookout for the following new venues opening at Chase Field:
• Taste of Chase: Buffalo Chicken Sidewinders
• Copper State Steaks: Cowboy Steak and BBQ Brisket Dip with Fries
• Big Dawgs: Home team’s favorite dog
• Burger Burger: Hatch Valley Whiskey Burger
• Gonzo’s Grill: Flaming Hot Chicken Wrap
• Restaurant Concept Guy Fieri: A Guy Fieri restaurant concept is opening this spring at Caesars Sportsbook at Chase Field. The new, year-round venue will be housed in the brand new state-of-the-art sports betting and bar at the location formerly known as Game 7 Grill on the Plaza, home of the D-backs.
• Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers and Bourbon & Bones Cocktail Lounge: Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers and Bourbon & Bones are taking over the iconic dining space overlooking Chase Field previously occupied by Friday’s Front Row. In the summer of 2022, this addition will be a one-of-a-kind place to enjoy the game.
Experience: Celebrate earlier! Getting fans into the ballpark safely and more efficiently is a priority. This year, Chase Field is using OPENGATE: a safe, fast, automatic and unprecedented screening system that eliminates the unloading of bags, backpacks and purses. Fans will effortlessly zip through the gates to their seats at record speed like never before. The clear bag policy is still in effect, but they do not have to leave you when you walk through our doors.